We are Innovative
We pride ourselves on our innovative approach to litigation. In addition to the use of our bespoke Dispute Strategy Memoranda, we continue to explore creative avenues for the progress of a claim alongside more traditional approaches. This may, for example, include the commencement of proceedings or the filing of applications that may, at first, appear to be a distraction but which often are, in fact, capable of securing a speedier resolution of the substantive dispute between our clients and opponents than might otherwise be the case.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY AT GRIFFIN LAW
The situation surrounding Coronavirus develops daily and is something we have not experienced before. At Griffin Law, we are doing everything we can to ensure that we keep our people safe while continuing to deliver the high quality, personal service you are used to.
Following the latest advice from the UK Government, we have put in place measures to ensure that our business can continue to operate efficiently, should we need to close our offices in the future.
• All of our people have the equipment, technology and systems in place to allow them to work remotely, and you would be able to reach them on the usual number or email address.
• Our people can all securely access necessary documentation remotely whilst following our usual processes and controls.
• We receive most of our communications electronically and recommend that you continue to use email to communicate with us and that you scan in any documentation you need to share with us and attach electronically to the email. If you believe you have sent something to us in the post and we have not responded to it, please speak to your usual Griffin Law contact.
• If resourcing levels in any part of our business are compromised due to illness or inability to work, we will refocus our teams as necessary to deliver to deadlines. This would mean prioritisation of workloads and we would keep those affected updated, whilst taking every effort to mitigate the impact should this situation arise.
We appreciate your support and understanding at this time.
Welcome to Griffin Law
Griffin Law is a niche litigation practice that gives expert advice to individuals and businesses who are involved in disputes of all kinds. The Firm was founded in January 2008.
Named after the founder’s late Irish grandfather, the broadcaster and soldier Patrick Griffin, Griffin Law is proud to provide innovative, cost-effective, commercially-oriented, proactive and tenacious legal advice to individuals and businesses in Kent, London and from around the world.
The Firm is unique in guaranteeing to share the risks of litigation with every client through the use of discounted hourly rate conditional fee agreements.
When you commit to us, we commit to you.
Who we can help
Clients of the Firm whose claims range from the low thousands to in excess of £200m include international businesses, PR agencies and professional services firms, small business owners, company HR and finance departments, families, politicians and high net-worth individuals.
Griffin Law is proud to work at the cutting edge of law and jurisprudence. Among our reported cases are the following:
- Finch v Richardson  1 WLR 1338
- Baxendale-Walker v Middleton & Ors  All ER (D) 242 (Apr)
- AMP v Persons Unknown  All ER (D) 178 (Jan)
- Harris v Charalambous  All ER (D) 280 (Jun)
- Sargespace Limited v Eustace  All ER (D) 26 (Oct)
- Nattrass v UK Independence Party  All ER (D) 111 (Oct)
- Hallam Estates Limited v Baker [2014) All ER (D) 163 (May)
- Barker v Baxendale Walker Solicitors  All ER (D) 208 (Mar)
- T v V & Ors 
Why choose us…
Niche: all we do is litigation and dispute resolution. We act for individuals, families, businesses and other law firms across a wide range of areas of law with claims ranging from the low thousands to tens of millions of pounds.
Innovative: too many lawyers fail to think outside of the box. Not us. We pride ourselves on being truly innovative in the way that we approach your litigation, bringing claims that you may not have thought of and deploying tactics that you may not have considered.
Proactive: unlike most lawyers, we do not sit back and wait for something to happen. We do not wait for you to contact us for an update. We regularly update and involve you in resolving your dispute as cost-effectively and promptly as possible.
Tenacious: we are the kind of lawyers that you want on your side, not against you. We are aggressive when we need to be, fighting hard to achieve the best result possible for you at all times.
Commercially-Minded: at the outset we identify what you want when it comes to resolving a dispute, making sure we remember those goals at all times. We speak plain English and avoid becoming embroiled in unnecessary of self-indulgent legal arguments of little relevance to resolving your dispute.
Strategic: we devise and agree with you a plan to achieve your objectives, adding refinements as the matter proceeds, without deviating from the goal. A unique Dispute Strategy Memorandum underpins the strategy that we will adopt in resolving your dispute.
Professional: we are proud to be professional in everything we do. We are authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and aspire to the highest standards of ethics. We are insured in the unlikely event that we make a mistake for which we are rightly held to blame.
Bespoke: we do not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to litigation. Every client’s case is different. We work alongside clients to ensure that they are happy with the strategy, tactics and costs budget. We are always willing to shape our approach to suit our clients’ needs.
Teamwork: we work closely with our clients, involving them every step of the way. That teamwork builds trust, with many clients staying with us (and referring new business to us) for years to come. It also means cases are run cost-effectively and with a minimum of fuss. Throughout, every client can call on a team of skilled professionals led by a senior lawyer with many years of experience. You are never fobbed off to an administrator or a clerk.
Empathetic: we know that litigation can be worrisome and time-consuming. While we are familiar with the court process, we appreciate our clients may not be. We work to put our clients at ease throughout, making it clear that we are on their side doing our utmost to win their case for them.
“When I was being mistreated by a major organisation I turned to Griffin Law. They were swift in their actions, realistic in their advice and open about the costs. They saw me through by being extremely sensitive to me and equally aggressive to the other side. I cannot recommend them highly enough.”