Business Development and Marketing Executive
We are looking to recruit a full time, permanent Business Development & Marketing Executive to manage our business development efforts and to build and maintain key relationships with introducers, prospective and existing clients.
Based in our offices in Kings Hill, and reporting to the Managing Director, the key responsibilities/duties of the role will include, but will not be limited to, the following duties:
- Grow the firm’s client base (marketing campaigns, cold and warm lead generation and optimisation)
- Be knowledgeable about the firm’s services and confident in communicating such information to clients, prospective clients and introducers
- Provide marketing and business development support to a team of fee-earners, comprised of two senior associates, four solicitors and one trainee. This support includes:
- Sourcing and attending networking events for and with fee-earners
- Taking on the administrative task of follow up and meeting arrangements following attendance at networking events
- Attending prospective client meetings, recording action points and aiding fee-earners in following up
- Conducting monthly meetings with fee-earners to encourage business development activity and ensure all business opportunities are followed up
- Ensure that all business development opportunities are recorded on the internal CRM system (Infusionsoft)
- Ensure that fee earners submit their weekly article for the firm’s online blog * Manage CRM System (Infusionsoft); this is used for client management, event e-campaigns, e-guides and GDPR consent
- Monitor business referrals in and out – report during the monthly team meeting
- Produce monthly board reports on marketing and business development
- Design and implement monthly e-newsletters and quarterly hard copy newsletters
- Monthly update databases of non-contentious law firms, accountants, charities and business owners – contact new leads when appropriate
- Project manage award submissions and legal directory submissions including Legal 500 and Chambers
- Weekly update of online blog
- Management of the firm’s social media accounts
- Monthly review of website for errors
- Liaise with external stakeholders including Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, third party bloggers and journalists
Candidates must be able to demonstrate to following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- High standard of secondary education (degree level or equivalent);
- Highly numerate and literate together with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Proficient user of MS Office
- WordPress knowledge is desirable
- CRM System knowledge
- Strong strength of character to ensure conformity with the firm’s established systems/ procedures and standards;
- Capable of working as part of a team or independently as appropriate
- Own transport is essential
This position is to start as soon as possible. Normal working hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday inclusive). In addition you must be available for networking during ‘unsociable hours’ – a lot of networking events are London based, often during weekday early evening hours.
You must also be comfortable in liaising with internal and external key stakeholders, speaking in public, demonstrating professionalism and punctuality, and showing a keen eye for and attention to detail.
Remuneration package includes a basic salary of circa £26,000 per annum (relative to experience) and a highly competitive commission scheme and benefits.
If you would like to be considered for this role please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Victoria Blaney at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is the 16 November 2018.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.